Indique Hair is the official hair sponsor for Miss Guyana! She competes tonight for Miss Universe. Ruqayyah Boyer, from Georgetown, Guyana, was raised in the extremely close-knit community of Linden, a region known for it’s sandy hills and blue lakes. Her greatest interest in life is philanthropy and helping others. Ruqayyah also enjoys indulging in the arts, including poetry, dance, music. Currently, she is studying to become a lawyer, specializing in International Relations and Diplomacy. (excerpt from missuniverse.com)
Watch Ruqayyah tonight on NBC at 8pm! She will be wearing PURE Wavy in 20” & 24”!
1. Hold the hair and braid it from the wefted root to the ends.
2. Place the braid around your head in the desired style.
3. Pin it in place with a few hair pins.
Who knew hair could have so many different uses!
Indique Fave, Azealia Banks did an amazing shoot as one of V Mag’s “It Girls”. Sporting Donna Karen, Alexander Wang, Norma Kamali, Dior, and PURE Wavy 30” custom colored, Ms. Banks is indeed the IT Girl!
Avoid reaching for your winter coat as long as possible by supplementing your wardrobe with a faux fur vest. Now make sure you pair it with the right apparel like leggings, pencil skirts, skinny jeans and boots. Faux fur can be fun and playful when it’s not overdone. Check out Asia’s fuax fur in burgundy. She paired hers with skinny jeans and PURE Wavy! It’s perfect for fall!
Sometimes a new look is just what we need to spruce up our look. Check out these simple 5 ways to take your hair from drab to fab:
1) Add Color: Whether it be an ever so daring ombre or subtle pop of color with highlights, changing your hair color can give your hair an instant make over. Try asking your stylist to install a color from our Hysteria or Keratique collection.
2) Revamp Your Cut: Try applying fringe layers to your style. Angling your layers over one eye or opting for long lash sweeping bangs gives you instant sexy hair.
3) Change up Your Length: Instead of going for your normal 16” tube of Pure Wavy take a plunge and try the 20.” Elongating your hair length will give you a new look without any commitment to color or change in texture. On the opposite end if you always go for longer hair try a mid length or short bob to quickly change up your normal look.
4) Layer Your Mane: Layers create movements and nothing draws attention to your hair like body; create your own wind ladies!
5) Straighten it Out: Straight hair that looks healthy and well maintained always turns head. Try using our Zen Straight texture a dime size amount of our Argan Oil Moisturizer and a durable flat iron. If you always opt for big body waves or curls, going straight will help to draw attention to your facial features and will also complement that great new eye shadow or lipstick you’ve been dying to break out.
Then and Now is more than an Instagram trend, try adding some flair to your Indique hair and tweet us a photo!
The Made in America Music Festival was a huge success! It drew a crowd of 45,000+ that came to support the United Way and the Philadelphia Public Schools! Jay-Z, Kayne West, Pearl Jam, Jill Scott, and more, performed during this two-day festival. The crowd, very diverse, was packed with music enthusiasts, fashion bloggers, and people that just wanted to rock out to RUN DMC! Indique was there in full attendance sporting amazing hair textures such as PURE Wavy, BOUNCE Coil Curl, and the much anticipated BOUNCE Organic Curl. Check out a sneak peak of photos below.
New Indique Friends Join the Fun Above!
Watch Indique Expert, Liz Owusu, make over Vixen correspondent and co-host of WWMD (What Would A Man Do?) Tracy Garraud with Indique Hair’s PURE Wavy!
It’s that time of year when women everywhere are trying to figure out what their Fall beauty look will be!
Check out Celebrity Hairstylist Lavette Slater as she does an amazing hair and makeup transformation-and take notes!
Khabirah Osayame has a cute blog that demonstrates her work as a innovative and fashion forward hair stylist. Lucky for us, Khabirah loves Indique Hair and flaunts BOUNCE Coil Curl and PURE Wavy throughout her page. Khabirah created a custom wig with three tubes of coil curl and had a traditional weave in with her PURE Wavy. Check out Khabirah website www.Justanaijagirl.com. We love Khabirah’s style!
Check out Indique Expert Gabrielle Corney’s style tips on how to keep your PURE Wavy luxurious!
4 ways she wears her PURE Wavy!
Tweet Pic your photo for a chance to appear on our blog!
Yesterday, Celebrity Stylist, Cesar Ramirez, tweet pic’d an amazing photo of Monica sporting Indique Hair’s PURE Wavy! Cesar custom colored the hair while adding a great side swoop bang. Monica, you look FAB!
Cesar Ramirez is a celebrity stylist & Creative Director at Dop Dop Salon in Soho. For booking information, please contact 212.965.9540.
It’s that time of year again… Let the pony’s, high buns, chignons and fishtail’s commence. This year go for super long lengths and create drama with cute twists buns and polished ponytails. Try Indique Pure Wavy in 30” and let your hair lead the way.
Sherri Sheperd looked fierce last night as she danced the jive on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. Sheperd’s PURE Wavy was styled effortlessly. Sherri Sheperd is a graceful dancing machine! Vote Team SHERVAL!!
Rocsi have been wearing her tresses super long for the month of February/March. In the above pictures she has worned her hair styled with layers, styled with curls, and styled straight. To acheive Rocsi look use Indique’s PURE Wavy in 24” and Hysteria Demi in Chestnut have your stylist cut layers and style.
Our favorite Indique girl Angela Simmons was featured as a judge during a model search on 106 & Park yesterday. To achieve Angela’s amazing hair try Pure Wavy Hair texture with big body curls and enhanced color highlighting done by a professional stylist. As for the shoe game Angela is wearing a pair of heels by Olcay Gulsen. Fab at its’ finest!
La La Anthony flaunts her custom colored PURE Wavy in 24” during Michael Jordan’s All Star Game party. La La, you and Carmelo look fab!
Yesterday, Michelle Williams gave an intimate performance for the VH1 taping of “Styled by June”. June Ambrose gave Michelle a revamp of her look as pictured above and Ericka Dotson, Co-Founder & Creative Director of Indique Hair provided PURE Wavy & PURE Straight for her beautiful hair. Michelle Williams’ hair was custom colored. We can’t wait to see “Styled by June” this season in VH1! P.S…June Ambrose looked amazing in a black & white ensemble!
Mila Kunis has the look that almost every woman wants, long, luscious layers!
To look red carpet ready everyday, Allure.com says “make sure your stylist snips away at the ends of each layer, so they’re wispy and a bit rough; otherwise, the cut will lose its soft, seductive quality”.