Who doesn't love a nice face mask but would rather avoid the pricey spa treatments? Just when you thought you had to go to the spa for some R&R, you can get both right in the comfort of your own home. Here are some recipes for some at home facials:
Apple Pie Spa Treatment Skin Polish
Apples are notorious for their nutritional benefits and are 85% water and high in potassium and vitamins A and C. Apples also contain a malic acid that is great for exfoliating and helps to remove dead skin cells.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gradulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh apple puree or apple sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Papaya Rejuvenation Home Spa Skin Refresher
- Wash face thoroughly.
- Boil a large pot of water.
- While the water is heating, mash 1/2 of the papaya into a paste
- Move the pot to a table and place your face over the steam, hold a bath towel over your head. Make sure the temperature is comfortable for your skin.
- Steam on your face for 5-8 minutes.
- Apply papaya mixture. Be sure to avoid eye area.
- Lay down and relax for 5-10 minutes.
- When you feel rejuvenated, rinse your face and apply moisturizer for a radiant complexion.
Once you gently exfoliate with natural papaya enzymes and you'll leave the house with a nice glow.