Glowing skin is what summer is all about, but you don't have to risk sun damage to achieve a bronzed complexion. Here are 5 tips for bronzing success:
- Bronzer should be lightly applied all over your face .
- Pick the right color. You should not choose from a line that only has one bronzer. The correct product should be two to three shades darker than your facial skin. Use a sponge or applicator to apply the bronzer to the top of your arm. The inside of your arm is too pale to tell if it is the right color. If it blends into your arm, you've got a winner!
- Powder for most skin types will give it a matte velvety look. All bronzers should be matte, not shimmer. An all-over shimmer will flatten your face, not highlight the key features.
- Applicator is key! For powder bronzer, dip a large brush into the loose powder and tap off the excess. For liquid or gel bronzers, dispense a small amount of the product to the tip of your fingers and then pat your fingers and palms together until the product is dispersed evenly. Take your time when applying bronzer and you will end with a beautifully bronzed look.
- To achieve the total sun-kissed look, add a bit of blush. Apply a brighter pink or coral color to the apples of your cheeks. Use cream for dry skin types. This is the completing step makeup artists use to obtain a perfect glam glow.