Styled by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte
The Look: Very old Hollywood glamour, channeling the 1950s Grace Kelly finger waves to complement her Armani Privé gown.
Here’s how Andy suggests getting the look:
- Start with dry hair and use a small amount of Wella Professionals Natural Volume Styling Mousse at the roots.
- Set hair in steam hot rollers by rolling hair straight back from the head. This gives hair texture and curl. Use smaller rollers in the back to create a tighter curl, then pin hair underneath into a faux bob.
- Lightly mist with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray, then back comb and tease at the root. Brush out the finger waves into place and set with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
Styled by Rod Ortega using Wella Professionals
The Look: Originally the look was going to be a chignon, but as Rod was styling they decided to keep it as a ponytail for a more youthful, playful look that made for a fun contrast to her elegant, sequin detailed dress. The high ponytail also works well for her face shape, creating a beautiful silhouette.
Here’s how Rod created Leslie’s look:
- First start out by prepping wet hair with Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to prime hair for a smooth blowout. Use a small amount of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum on the ends of the hair for added smoothness and shine.
- Blow out with a round brush at the roots for texture and use a Mason Pearson paddle brush to blow dry form mid-length to the ends.
- Back comb for extra volume, especially at the roots.
- Using a flat brush from mid-length to ends again so there is texture, but not curl. Then leave the front and sides of the hair out, pull the rest of the hair into a ponytail near the top of the back of the head.
- Smooth the hair left out of the ponytail back and wrap around the elastic to hide the band. Spray the style withWella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to hold in place while leaving it with lots of natural movement.
Styled by Davy Newkirk using Wella Professionals
The Look: While watching the live broadcast of the Oscar’s Red Carpet arrivals, Davy and Olivia opted to go for a chic 70’s inspired updo to complement her strapless Gucci gown that she wore to the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – a roughed up, simplistic yet super chic updo gave her a timeless and effortlessly beautiful look.
Here’s how Davy created Olivia’s look:
- First, he rough dried her hair using Wella Professionals Pearl Styler, which worked to give with new short haircut extra texture
- Then, he gathered her hair at the crown of the head and secure with a bungee cord
- Davy then teased the ends to rough it up a bit more, for added edgy texture
- He then loosely twisted the hair around the bungee for a loose structure secure with bobby pins and hair pins
- To finish, he spray the hair with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix hairspray, and roughened up the hair with fingers at the root and around the bun, spraying once again with the Dynamic Fix to add sheen and hold the look for the night