The weather outside might feel like winter is here to stay but Spring is vastly approaching. Think warm thoughts and keep these 5 fashion trends in mind as you revamp your wardrobe for the warmer months:
1) Capes: Not only are they great transitions piece from winter, they take any outfit from drab to fab by adding a little bit of classic flair.
2) Oriental Inspired Clothing: Think sexy Geisha! Prada debuted some amazing oriental inspired pieces for their spring collection. Keep up with this trend by pairing your classic pieces with a great kimono or oriental printed silks to give your wardrobe a new look.
3) Metallics: Think hues of gold, bronze, or silver. Keeping any metallics you’ve invested in through 2012 is not only a good idea, it’s a must.
4) Leather Skirts: A great way to play up the weather by adding a heavier material with a lighter chiffon shirt while you transition with the seasons.
5) Retro: Great styles always repeat themselves. 1950s style costume jewelry, pencil skirts, vintage-style hats and anything that takes its cues from the bold, bright side of 1960s fashion are a go! Pair great sweaters with cropped plaids and keep it fun!