So you’ve heard all the craze about thrifting. And there’s a part of you that really wants to try it out. But when you walk into a thrift store, you become overwhelmed by the huge racks of endless ugly sweaters and dingy tee-shirts. No worries. We’ve got you. Try these tips below for a successful trip to your local thrift store!
· Block out your calendar for the day! You will need TIME to search for your treasures and time to try them on. Thrifting is something that cannot be rushed! It is literally a treasure hunt.
· Wear comfortable clothes and shoes! You will be in and out of the dressing room so you’ll want to wear easy off and on clothes.
· Do your research! Yelp is an amazing tool that will help you find the best of the best thrift stores in your area.
· Open your mind! Thrift stores are meant to add flair, charm, and originality to your wardrobe. Think of the staple items that you already have, and thrift for things to accent or compliment them.
· Be careful of the company you take with you! Yes… go by yourself to avoid a “thrifting party-pooper” or go with someone who loves to thrift more than life itself. Stick to these two options, and you’ll be fine.
So go out this weekend and give thrifting a try! You’ll be amazed at the high quality, designer, and fashion forward items you’ll find. Last but not least, always remember to be patient. Your treasures are out there somewhere waiting for you to find them! Good luck!