Holiday's are the best time to spread more LOVE than usual. Tamar Braxton does just that with her new holiday album Winter Loversland. The album features timeless classics including "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", "Sleigh Bells" and more. The added bonus is Tamar's creative spin on new music including "She Can Have You" and "No Gift".
We’ve heard nothing but good things about this facial cleanser. This product is very healthy for the skin. With Soy Proteins and added Green Tea for an anti-oxidant leaving your face feeling soft and refreshed. Also don’t be afraid to try the other products Yes To has to offer .
Sleek, straight hair can be beautiful, but nothing does more for your look than big, bold, attention grabbing hair. If you already have a great length, you’ll want to maximize on volume by curling your tightly using small flexi-rods or by utilizing the Bantu-Knot method. For instant-glam, use textures like Organic Curl and Coil Curl from the Bounce Collection to achieve jaw-dropping curls and coils. The curly look is for any nationality and this season is the perfect time to step out the box!
Party the night away with these festive clutches as we gear up for the Christmas and New Year's celebration. They are sure to hold all of your most prized possessions while your having a blast on the dance floor (ladies we can't start the nigh off without our Chanel lips stick or Dolce & Gabbana perfumed body lotion!). Check out these simple, yet edge defining clutches below. Think about which ones will you sport with your Indique Virgin Hair Extensions!
Does your hair suffer major heat damage while trying to keep up with your Holiday rounds? Try these 2 heat free holiday styles to preserve your locks:
Knotted Braids: Part your hair down the middle from crown to neck and classically braid each half of your hair. At this point your hair pin into classic braided knots on either side of the nape of the neck.
Holiday Waves: After washing and conditioning your hair, squeeze the all excess moisture out with a towel. Take a series of medium sized flexi-rods and wrap your hair around the flexi-rods. Mist your hair with leave-in conditioner and then leave the hair tied up until it is air dried completely. We recommend doing this during the day to allow ample time to dry. Remove flexi-rods and voila instant glam!
1. Rihanna for MAC Holiday Collection
2. Dolce & Gabbana Jewel Tone Holiday Lipsticks
3. NARS x Guy Bourdin Limited Edition Holiday Collection
4. Bobbi Brown Holiday Gift Set
5. Sephora x Pantone Universe Holiday Gift Set
To purchase tickets, visit http://naturalhairfestival.com/ticket-info/
Nzuri Natural Hair Festival
One Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054
Indique Client Care
December 7, 2013 10am to 7pm
December 8, 2013 11am to 7pm
Some of our favorite celebs came out for a star-studded tree lighting at Rockefeller Center. R&B icon Mary J. Blige sang "This Christmas" followed by Babyface, Toni Braxton, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, and Leona Lewis singing our favorite Christmas carols!
Celebrate your holiday with something sweet and satisfying to your tummy. Cupcakes are a great way to monitor your portion sizes. They are also fun to make with family and friends. Be creative as you want this Christmas by decorating these delightful little treats for Santa. This red velvet and vanilla cupcake recipe is quick and easy to follow.
- 1 box of your favorite vanilla cake mix
- 1 box of your favorite red velvet cake mix
- 2 cans of your favorite pre made vanilla frosting
- Green and red sprinkles or bite sized candies (optional)
- Green food coloring
- Vegetable oil
- A cupcake baking pan
- Spatula or butter knife
- Red velvet and vanilla cupcakes recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2.Mix the the two box cake recipes separately, according to the instructions on the package.
3. After completing the box instructions, mix in 2-3 drops of the green food coloring in your vanilla cake mix.
4. Lightly grease your cupcake pan with vegetable oil.
5. Spoon the mixtures into the pan, separately (half of the cupcakes should be all vanilla and the other half should be all red velvet). Each cupcake compartment should be 3/4 of the way filled with cake mix.
6. Bake the cupcakes as long as the package suggests.
7. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
8. After the cupcakes have fully cooled, carefully remove them from the pan.
9. Cut the cupcakes horizontally into thirds.
10. Layer the cupcakes by alternating colors. You can hold them together by slathering on a thin layer of icing between each layer. For example (bottom layer: red cake. Icing. Middle layer: green cake. Icing. Top layer: red cake) there should only be three layers to this cupcake.
11. After layering, spread a generous amount of icing on top of the cupcake. Move your spatula or butter knife in a slow wave motion to create a design.
12. Sprinkle the candies or sprinkles onto the frosting.
Keeping your friends waiting while you stare in the mirror for hours trying to figure out what to do with your hair is not exactly our idea of fun. You want something fun and exciting that will scream "life of the party" but also something sophisticated and sexy that won't sweat out on the dance floor (don't fret, it has happened to the best of us). Don’t sweat it girlfriend (pun intended), Indique has you covered.
1. Let it all hang out!
If you’re natural or wearing one of our natural textures like BOUNCE Coil Curl let your hair down. Whether they are tight and short or loose and long, all curls are beautiful. Use a wide tooth comb or a brush to give yourself big hair. This hair style screams “fun.” Don’t worry about sweating this look out. It will allow you to be the dancing disco queen of the night.
2. Pump up your ponytail!
Ponytails are the easiest way to move hair off your face and neck. Nobody wants to be the girl with sweaty bangs plastered to her forehead. To avoid sweat ruining your favorite hair-do, tease the top of your hair to add more height and drama. Then pull it into a sleek ponytail. High pony, low pony, side pony, you name it, they all work.
3. Braid it!
We’re not talking about pigtails when we say “braid it.” You’re older, wiser and more sophisticated than your eight-year-old self. Try something new. Be creative. A braid doesn’t have to be a three strand twist at the back of your head. You can style your hair into multiple braids that intertwine into one big braid, try zig-zag braids, attempt fishtails or anything else you can find a tutorial for on Youtube. With this hairstyle you won’t have to worry about detangling your hair after the night club closes.
4. Cut it!
If you have short hair or you’ve been debating whether or not you should cut your hair for the past few months, you should know that short hairstyles are perfect for your upcoming girls’ night out. They are sexy and cut your bathroom time in half. While everyone else is fighting for spot in the mirror trying to get their hair back to pre-dance perfection, you’ll be in and out out of the ladies room. Use hair spray or gels to spike it, tease it or try other fun looks with your cute cut.
5. Have fun with buns!
Another easy way to get the hair off of your face is to style your hair in a bun. There are so many types of buns you can create. Options are endless with this hairstyle so play it up. Wear a high bun if you want to play it safe. Part your hair down the middle or on the side and pair it with a side or back bun to add a little more edge to your look.
There's always a constant struggle when we're trying to figure out the perfect present to get our friends and family members for the holiday. Here's a list of affordable things that your BFF, mom, sister, cousin or aunt will be sure to love:
1. Miniature makeup kit
This small sized makeup kit mimics the design of an iPhone and has nine high quality eyeshadows by Too Faced cosmetics, along with blush, bronzer and highlighter. It can be found at Ulta. $25
2. Nail polish set
This nail polish set from Sephora contains an array of colors and a dazzling glitter pot. Give this to your trendiest friend or family member. She'll love it. $36
3. Styling tools
Styling tools are the way to a girl's heart. This T3 flat iron, like other T3 products, is top of the line. It'll get your hair silky straight or form the curls you desire. Find T3 products at an Indique boutique or on our website. Flat iron $160
4. Hair care products
Every woman needs hair care products, whether they're for extensions or natural hair. Our sweet scented sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner will cleanse your natural hair and extensions, leaving your hair soft, hydrated and manageable. The argan oil moisturizes hair, fights frizz and works as a heat protectant. Find these products at an Indique boutique or on our website. Receive a discount on these items when you purchase two tubes of hair. Shampoo $18 Conditioner $18 Argan oil $22
Entertain your holiday guests by serving up this easy delicious drink recipe at your next get together.
1 oz Disarinno
1 oz Vodka (pick your fav brand)
2 oz Eggnog
Candy cane and cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- 1 Coat the inside of a small plate with caramel syrup, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim of a martini glass in the mixture and spin back and forth and all around until the whole rim is coated. Place the glass in the freezer.
- 2 In a shaker with ice, add the eggnog, vodka and Disaronno. Shake for a minute. Remove glass from freezer. Place one maraschino cherry in the bottom of the glass.
- 3 Pour mix from shaker into glass and sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with a candy cane and a cinnamon stick.
To create an effortless Faux Hawk like the one pictured above follow these tips:
1) If adding extra hair use one of our textured pieces including Organic Curl, Coil Curl or Deep Wave. Add to your hair by having your stylist sew in a couple tracks primarily in the middle of your hair. Or opt to make your own clip in pieces and clip in to add length and volume.
2) Once additional hair is added, smooth out the sides of your hair using a light styling gel and boar bristled brush.
3) Using one hand to hold one side back tightly, use the other hand to bobby pin that section in place. If you find that your bobby pins aren’t doing a good enough job of holding the hair, try criss-crossing them to make an X shape that will hold the hair more securely.
4) Repeat same step on opposite side.
5)To complete the look, fluff out the hair in the middle and spritz it with water if you need to revive your curls.
As an international coiffurist with over 20 years of experience, Kimmi has made her claim to fame healthy, gorgeous hair with precision style and execution. Her portfolio is extremely diverse and she has worked on variety of celebrity clients including LaToya Jackson and Kelly Rowland. Kimmi has been an Indique Partner Stylist since June 2012 and is our Featured Partner Stylist at the Little Neck Boutique for December 2013 and January 2014.
Kimmi specializes in amazing installs that keep her clients' natural hair healthy and growing, as well as custom cuts and colors. Right now Kimmi is offering a very special discount to Indique clients: installs staring at $200! Call the Indique Little Neck Boutique at (718)225-0002 for more information on how to qualify for this special price.
Are you tired of the typical Christmas décor that you see literally everywhere you go during the holidays? Homes, businesses, television, magazines... they all use the same red & green Christmas theme and while we're not over Christmas, some of us are totally over the traditional décor of Christmas! Spice it up this year and change the scene with pops of bold and bright colors! What do you think about this concept? Is it too edgy for Christmas? Here's a little inspiration...
(Photo Credit: www.architectoo.com, www.bloombety.com)
Cold months are upon us and Christmas and New Year's Day are approaching us. Here are some style tips and accessories that will spruce up your look for the holiday season.
1. Sparkly nail polish:
You'll be doing a lot of hugging, kissing and handshaking with family and friends this holiday. Accesorize your chic holiday look with a sparkly nail polish that'll brighten up the room.
2. Peppermint fragrances
If you like the scent of candy canes you're in luck. Peppermint scented body scrubs and lotions will give you a glorious holiday scent while moisturizing your skin.
3. Decorative headbands and hair clips
Using hair accessories is a great way to dress up your outfit. Wear a simple outfit with a rhinestone encrusted hair accessory if you don't feel like dressing up for the holiday celebration.
4.The perfect clutch purse
No need to worry about hauling your oversized purse with you to your office party. A clutch purse is the perfect type of bag to carry to a holiday party. You'll be able to eat and drink all while holding your purse under your arm.
Whether it’s our hair or our wardrobe, adding a pop of color can change our life. If you’re in a rut, tired of the same boring style or want to step outside the box and try something new, don’t be afraid to color your hair. We understand adding color to your hair is a big step for you. You always question how it’s going to look and how it will affect your usual hair routine. Good news ladies, coloring your hair can be easy. Relieve some of the stress by taking baby steps or “crawling” instead of walking into something you know nothing about:
- The most IMPORTANT thing to do before you color your hair is RESEARCH. RESEARCH. RESEARCH!!!
- Instead of coloring your entire head of hair try highlights or an ombre. If you’re content with the color then you can color your entire head the next time around.
- Use a semi-permanent hair color or a rinse. The beauty of coloring your hair with temporary color is that it’ll wash out in a few weeks. If you like the color, make it permanent. If you’re not feeling it then buy a semi-permanent color in another color and repeat the process.
- Color your hair extensions before you color your natural hair. We know you spend a lot of money on your extensions and you don’t want to ruin them with a color that’s not right for you. The best thing to do is to take your hair to a professional colorist. Have the professional perform the strand test. The strand test will show you how the rest of the bundle will look as far as color and texture after chemically processing the hair.
- Coloring your hair does require more maintenance than virgin tone hair. It is important to use sulfate free shampoos and conditioners for colored hair. Be sure to keep your hair hydrated. Color hair dries out more easily than natural hair. Remember, the lighter the color, the more maintenance and upkeep you’ll have to do. Auburn hair is going to require less maintenance than platinum blonde hair.
Although the weather has changed quickly into the winter season, don't let it slow your style down. Don't leave the house without your coat, or two, and accessorize your outerwear with bright leather gloves for pops of color, faux fur neck wraps, and knee-high heeled boots. Have your stylist color your Pure Wavy Studio Fishnet for added winter fun and feel your long tresses blow in the brisk air!
Still looking for that that perfect nude lip color?
- Simply dab your lips with the your foundation brush after you've applied make up to your face. You only need a hint of foundation; no need to add any product to your brush for this application.
- Use a lip liner slightly darker then your complexion.
- Use a clear or pink tinted gloss making sure to blend properly to make this mix seamless.
Voilà! The perfect customized lip color!
Play around with different liners & glosses to create a number of hues and tones that compliment you.
The beauty of the sew-in is that you have versatility in styling without putting pressure on your natural hair. However, many women begin to experience the dreaded “Leave Out Breakage”. This is the area of your hair that you always “leave out” to conceal your tracks. When you decide to grow your hair back, but you want a natural look, try using an Indique frontal. Unlike the crown, the frontal give you full frontal coverage around the hairline, with multiple parting options.