Cynthia Alvarez is a New York City-based celebrity hairstylist that has worked with many familiar faces in entertainment today including Kerry Washington, Rita Ora, Alicia Keys, Keri Hilson, Tika Sumpter, and Keke Palmer. Here are 10 of her personal tips for women with weaves provided by Essence Magazine:
1. Care for your own hair first.
2. Invest in quality hair extensions!
3. Assess how much time you will need for styling regularly.
4. Avoid glue-in styles; sew-ins are a more protective style.
5. Consider wearing wigs!
6. Don't overwhelm your extensions with products.
7. Take the weight of your weave into consideration.
8. Try mixing textures!
9. Customize your cut and color.
10. Refrain from using excessive heat on the hair.