Indique's favorite, Laquan Smith, defined minimalistic chic when he debuted his Dark Summer Spring/Summer 2014 Fashion Line Tuesday during NYFW. Laquan says his line was inspired by rebirth and new beginnings. His line included high end sportswear that took a play on modern style with a twist of something new and fresh. We loved his play on textures and fabrics; mixing alligator and crocodile details on jackets and sweatpants, embossed leathers, denim dresses and his signature scubas. Definitely a sure winner for the upcoming Spring/Summer season ladies!
It's that time of year to indulge in your fashion guilty pleasures during the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. Here at Indique we can't get enough of the mind blowing designers and their innovative aesthetics. For this collection Peter Som utilized a variety of shapes, all while keeping everything elegant and free-flowing. The hair style chosen for the collection is a simple pulled back up-do to expose the face and the garments. The STUDIO Fishnet in Wavy can be used to achieve the models wispy hair style. Take a look at the photos and let us know which look you would rock with your Indique texture!
House of Indique custom made 16 wigs using the HYSTERIA Collection in Platinum Blonde for The Blonds New York Fashion Week Fall 2013 Show! Nicke Irwin, TIGI's Global Creative Director, and his amazing team, styled these one of a kind wigs using a 'Hollywood Heroine' theme.
The Blonds, 'Girl-on-the-Run', was inspired by all of their favorite thriller and suspense directors like Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, Clive Barker from the 50's to current films. Each look represents a different film and a different mood.
Watch Phillipe & David Blond describe their collection below to Ericka Dotson, Co-Founder & Creative Director of Indique Hair:
Narciso Rodriguez’s Fall is a tailoring masterpiece, full of sharp lines, angles, and color.
Eugene Souleiman of Wella Professionals created a look of Sleek Perfection; “there is a feeling of strength and perfection within this look, it’s very precise and controlled which gives it a super modern feel.”
This super chic look can go from the runway, to the office, and beyond!
Stacey Bendet kept her party girl aesthetic but added the drama for the Fall/Winter Alice + Olivia Collection. The requisite black coupled with pops of ruby red, sapphire blue, and emerald green, making it a must have in your closet for the woman with a full calendar.
“The New Realism” was the look du jour at the DKNY FW 2012 runway presentation.
Wella Global Creative Director, Care & Styling, Eugene Soulieman created this deep side part with sleek straight hair ponytail look “ to create a hair look that was rich and refined but also with a hint of youth to bring the evening feeling back to a fresher day look”.
Bring the runway to your way with PURE Straight!
For more Fashion Week style tips from the Wella Professional team, be sure to follow them on Twitter : @WellaHairUSA
Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy Lecompte created Rebeccas Romijn’s sexy, touchable bedroom hair for the Heart Truth’s Red Dress Fashion Show to kick off New York Fashion Week!Here’s how you can recreate this date-ready look, just in time for Valentine’s Day:1. First, he primed Rebecca’s wet hair with Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to smooth out hair follicles for the ultimate end-look. 2. After blowing the hair out with a large round boar bristle brush, he then pinned her hair back in large Velcro rollers for extra flow and volume, letting them sit for 15 minutes3. To create fluidity and texture, he lightly brushed out her hair and coated her strands with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray for a matte look and a soft hold4. Her hair was separated into two sections and softly pin-wheeled the hair to bend her curls for a more irregular curl, pressed the coils with his fingers and then let the hair down5. To finish, he back-combed the hair at the root for added volume and then he sprayed the overall look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
This winged eye from The Blonds S/S 2012 presentation is a great way to add #DRAMA to any outfit! #WERK
Serena Williams has been making quite a statement at the front rows of many fashion shows this week!
To copy her glamorous hair, try Indique PURE Straight 16”. Using hot rollers, set hair then brush out using a bristle brush to achieve her S-shaped waves. (Hanging out with Anna Wintour is not guaranteed!)
The nail geniuses at CND never cease to amaze every Fashion Week!
The manicures the models rocked during the Ruffian runway show was inspired by a nail look from an issue of Vogue from the 1940s. Called the “Monogram Moon Manicure”, here is how you can do it yourself:
-After base, paint one coat of CND Putty
-Follow with one coat of CND Washed Down White
-Paint tip and half moon with CND Blackjack
A Parisian look, no passport needed!
Davis Factor, renowned photographer and part of the SMASHBOX Co-Founder, knows how to take an amazing picture. Now, so do you!
Keep reading for great tips on how to look your best self in any photo. Take notes, school is in session:
How to Love Your Body in Photos:
· Everyone wants to look their thinnest in photos and a great tip to ensure you do is to stand slightly turned to the side. If your shoulders are perpendicular to the camera, you will look broader. Instead, try turning a bit. Once you’ve hit this position, turn your body slightly and look toward the camera tilting your head down bringing your chin toward your neck.
· Also, posture is extremely important, if you stand up straight with your shoulders back, you will eliminate the possibility of having any unnecessary bulges that can make you look heavier in photos.
The Perfect Smile:
· Many people are a little nervous about smiling. They don’t think their smile looks good, but the perfect smile is something that often needs a little practice. I tell my clients to practice a smile in the mirror until you get one that you are comfortable and confident with.
· My favorite is a soft, light smile. This is a smile that doesn’t show as much teeth as you would when you are laughing. It will never appear overdone or fake and will eliminate too much gum or teeth from showing.
A Few Beauty Essentials:
Before the camera flashes, take a quick second to be sure your makeup looks as good as it did when you got to the event or party. Most of the time it won’t and there are a few key products that if you use to touch up before photos are taken will make all the difference.
· You want to make sure you are not shiny, so a great mattifying product such as a powder or gel will quickly eliminate a shiny face.
· I tell my clients to always have gloss with them, a sheer colored gloss or lipstick will really accent a beautiful smile.
· Reapplying a coat of mascara before photos begin will bring attention to your eyes and create a flirty look.
Most Importantly, Relax:
Wella Professionals Lead Color Ambassador, Aura Friedmanof NYC’s Serge Normant salon used Indique HYSTERIA Collection colors Platinum and Sun Kissed to create the cool grey tones extensions worn in the Cynthia Rowley Spring 2011 Presentation on Saturday, September 11.
The iridescent color of the extensions added dimension to the models’ natural hair color and complimented the sophisticated feel of Rowley’s Spring offering. To re-create the sleek style, do the following:
- Section hair into a deep angled side part starting from above the ear in the opposite direction and work through Wella Professionals High Hair Styling Mousse
- Blow dry the hair completely smooth and section off a ¼ inch of the part to place the colored hair extension (two inches from the root should be the same as the natural hair color) and comb it over
- Bring into a tight low ponytail and twist around to the opposite side of the head and twist in a figure 8
- Pin to the head with ends tucked under
- Adorn with brightly, colored clips
- Use a combination of Wella Professionals High Hair 45 Seconds Stylerhairspray and High Hair Gloss Serum to finish the look and add intense shine
For more information on HYSTERIA or any of the Indique Collections, visit www.indiquehair.com